Will Boot Camp

A Guide to Develop a Stronger Willpower to Achieve Your Goals












Foreword

 

 

Life is as sweet as we can make it...or as bitter as we allow it to be. What makes the difference?...THAT is the question!


 

There are clichés that say, “you are in control of your life,” but, through the years I have come to realize  that no one is in control of his/her life, for everyone’s life is inextricably linked to other people’s lives in a world of an entanglement of  interactions, with many actions and other people’s desires conflicting with ours, and sometimes inexorably imposing upon our will; nobody decides to get to get robbed or to be cheated on or to be abandoned by a mother at birth; those are decisions that we cannot control; which means we don't have definite control of the events touching our lives.

 Are we feathers in the wind?

Though this seems a rather discouraging assertion—and it shouldn't be-- I, also, have come to realize that while we are not in control of our lives, what we can control is how we PERCEIVE the occurrences of life; that in most instances we can decide the final outcomes in life through our active effort to change the  circumstances to produce results in our favor.

We can decide the final results by taking action towards bringing about a change that is more in tune with our desires. But in order to effect a change that embodies our desires, we must change the way we perceive adverse results, for it is the acceptance of those results that determines whether we have lost control or have not.

If we accept as a discouraging  failure, those results which contravene our expected outcome, then we are succumbing to defeat, which is not a trademark of a winner; but if we accept the counterproductive consequence as a LESSON and an EXPERIENCE to rectify our miscalculations, the THAT alone, would change our perspective and give us the motivation to persist until the final outcome is the one expected… but can a pusillanimous, lazy and procrastinating person attain such  lucid level of  perspective?

To effect a meaningful change, there must be a GENUINE WILL and a VISION in order to commit to the tasks that are required for our WILL to sustain a course of action oriented to bring forth that meaningful change we hope for. THAT is what most of us lack, A GENUINE, RESOLUTE WILL.

We dont lack this GENUINE, RESOLUTE WILL just because we like our present state, but rather because we have grown ACCUSTOMED to live in a state of complacency and somewhat effortless actions, that has gotten our minds and bodies used to DOING NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY and living in an “unpleasantly pleasant discomfort brought by inconformity and dissatisfaction.” Pleasant because it is a state that requires no sacrifice or fierce struggle to accomplish, thus making it easy to sustain; discomfort because it keeps us in a stressful state of insatisfaction and a constant yearning about “if I had done this or if I had done that”, which contributes to intensify our misery.

We know that success is no easy task, and we know that success is NO impossible task As well. What many people think about is that success is a road of suffering and pain; where those that take it have to suffer and cry, leaving the best of their lives behind in exchange for “worthless” dollars, or something like that.

This is a HUGE MISTAKE! The road to success might be arduous, and it might be stressful at times, but for the most of it, is a kind of stress that brings SATISFACTION, because, though there are moments of insecurity, there are as much moments of joy brought through the sense of being EMPOWERED, being proactive, being in control---and yes, there occasions when that control is almost naught, but that is the magic; THAT makes you THINK, sparking you genius, and you will feel tired, and pain...but is is a pain that enhances the sweetness of overcoming obstacles, thus causing the sweetness of the final swig to overcome the bitterness at the top of the bottle...it is addictive and THAT gives you WILL.

WILL is the key point, when talking about success; the WILL to persist, the WILL to be obstinate in your idea; the WILL to stay focused, the WILL to WILL—but how can one person with a feeble WILL, actually develop this strength of character to exhibit such WILL?---THAT is what Will Boot Camp is about.

Will Boot Camp is a program designed to guide those whose WILL is feeble and want to develop a stronger and more resolute personality. This is a boot camp for those that seem to have read all the self-help books that there is to read and have never been able to follow through on their advises and who have not arrived to their peak potential because of procrastination, idleness and lack of discipline to get to where they can achieve their personal and professional goals.

I have found myself reading countless books about how to be successful and from my own experience I have come to realize that I had all the information I needed, I just didn’t seem to be able to conjure the DISCIPLINE and WILL to follow their advice. It was not even something that I was conscious about, but that, as I became more [conscious] of it, made me start thinking about a strategy to “fool” myself into believing I was this Mr. Resolute, capable of taking the bull by the horns and who focused all of my energies into the conquest of what I had decided to accomplish.

 That was the reality I started painting in my mind, the truth is I was just as lazy as a sloth, with a focus similar to that of a lightbulb; motivated for one moment and then back to the couch, words sunk into the depths of my philosophical reliquary.

But the more I did it, the more I noticed I was shifting my behavior to fit that mental image of my virtual self I had created. My actions, inadvertently, were more inclined towards my goal, and the more I did it, the more I believed it; the more I believed it, the more I did it!---A VICIOUS CIRCLE. 

So in this book I want to share with people that I know are walking in darkness that light at the end of the tunnel I found in this practice; that light which is a guidance

 I am not a believing person; my incredulity is second to none. I am not proud to say that, but it is true, I am that Doubting Thomas people don’t like to tell their stories to because I always have the fastidious tendency to rebuke things I don’t believe; therefore, I would not be exposing myself to ridicule if I was not CERTAIN this is effective.

Together we will develop that sense of well-being that will lead us to the satisfaction of being what we want to be. We will feel firsthand the results of changing that torturous state of mind created by our complacency and laziness.

 Not only are we talking about success on the enterprises we take on, but we can cultivate any quality we desire to exhibit in our behavior; develop the taste for something you would like to like, but never got quite to it; bring out a personality that you would like to have, dominate your reactions or just let the restrictions go. Whatever your unique objective might be, it is within your reach to grasp it, as long as you shed those imaginary constraints that hold you prisoner of the ideas conceived by a mind that was conditioned to fail.

Humans are creative beings, endowed with an imagination that is “rich beyond imagination.” We were not meant to fail; yes, setbacks are contradictions that are part of our intellectual growth—a learning process, but setbacks are not failures, they only become failures when we decide to accept the negative outcomes of our undertakings; if we are not what we want to be, it is because we CHOSE NOT to be it.

I always wanted to be like some friends of mine who were very outspoken and established good rapport with people, because they expressed themselves freely, with no trace of shyness in their voices, which to me was an unthinkable an unattainable quality. I was always scared—and ashamed, to receive attention and the further away I was from the spotlight, the more comfortable I felt. Of course I wanted to attain financial success, but shy people seldom make it in a world dominated by sharks; a world which is very aggressive; you have to become a lion, a snake, a charging bull get there; success is not for doves, cows or sheep’s (even though sometimes it is good to pose as one…think BAIT!), but nor is it for cons and liars, because or vulgar rabid predators that destroy with their feet what they have built with their hands.

We live in a world where in order to succeed, one needs to learn to be tactical, and by tactical, I mean knowing when to be a shark or when to be a sheep—arise to the occasion! Know when to growl, when to smile and learn when to stay serene, because how others perceive you will be what determines whether they open their doors to let you in or close them to keep you out. 

Also, I would like to remind you that this book more than a book is a program, and programs do just that: They program you; they condition you to respond to stimuli in a desired manner which is in accordance to the expected results. That is why we will offer those who want to seriously commit to the inevitable conquest of their optimum self the opportunity to determine and enhance their mental metamorphosis by committing themselves to a follow up program that will dedicate our professionally trained staff to their PERSONALIZED program of encouragement, reassurance and personal challenges, which will be carried on by using one-on-one communication by phone, emails and video calls. The intended purpose of this is to coerce the member to comply with the minimum requirements for the program to be effective and to provide those who comply with the motivation and challenges to do more.

The program will also be laid out on this book, but as we all know, people walk straighter when placed under the loupe. The observation of outsiders makes people put in more effort, maybe for the wrong reasons, as one should do more to portray a good image to oneself than to other people, but for whatever reason they do it, the results are always better than none at all.

You, the reader, are the one that determines how important it is for you to accomplish whatever goal you had in mind when you acquired this book. You and only you will decide how much further you want to go with this emotional and mental cleansing, for if you are not willing to make the commitment, then our influence on you will be limited to what you want to heed by in this book and you will have to entrust yourself with the will needed to adhere to the advise give hitherto.

My desire is that you get the best out of this book and that you join the follow up program designed to mold you to your own desire; a program designed by people that will have YOUR own personal needs into account, to tailor it just for you and your own needs. You will have your own “will instructor” to bully you and work you through your periods of slacking and waning of strength and intermittent desire.

Just like military boot camp fortifies your muscles and your mind, this book and program are both oriented to do just fortify those areas of your life you want to develop. You are seeking after something to fill in a void; a void that weakens the heart and congeals the soul, because if you are here and have read so far, then you know deep within your soul that  you have way more potential than what you have exhibited so far…and that is a good thing: REALIZATION which in turn leads to ADMISION and from there, together,  we will formulate your strategic plan to get you on a road more suitable for your persona.

We have to start preparing to say goodbye to all those procrastinations, insecurities and that maggot of that old you! Slowly, but steadily, you will be ridding out of your life all those hindering thoughts that have only served as chains to confine you to a less desirable version of yourself. And when I ask you for 20 here, I wont be asking for pushups (it would be great if you do it) but when the mind is taken care of in a caring way, she will make sure the body is well as well. 

A mind that suffers the stresses of constant economic pressure; the emotional roller coaster of the constant struggles of failing relationships; the emotional discontent of self-pity and all the negative vibes that can come with the instability or uncertainty of a better future, CANNOT be in tune with a healthy body.  A mind in disarray becomes weak and the body is only a reflection of the mind, so the symptoms of the mind manifest on the physical body. Strength comes from within and my sole interest is to work you inside to bring that rusty scoria out and replace it with a shiny brass that you were meant to be. 

This is a book,  has been divided in three Phases: Phase I goes on to introduce the reader to an orientation of the situation that lead to their feeble WILL; then Phase II guides the reader through a series of introspection exercises so that he/she gets acquainted with the issues that have caused such a weakening  of their will. Phase III procedes to provide a training so that the reader begins to work on his issues. This book will guide you through a series of steps to reach your goals whatever they might be.   

Once you have gone through Will Boot Camp I suggest you go back to those self-help books to test the results of this book. You will find that they will no longer be describing what you want to be, but rather what you are; you will notice that what they say people should do is exactly what you will be doing.

 

You will be the person eager for success, motivating others to become like you. You will be that understanding father, that easy to get along with person you always wanted to be, you will lose that useless shyness that held you back; you will find that spirituality that brings balance to your life and you will begin to love the world and the world will love you.

Life is like a tune we are dancing to; it can go nice and gentle with harmony and evenness if we dance rhythmically to the tempo of the song we are dancing to, but it can be chaotic, uncomfortable and confusing if we don’t get our steps in tune with the music.

Once you find the tunes to dance rhythmically with the tunes of life and its designs, getting where you want and what you want is only an aftermath of your normal life. It is not magic; it is just the simple principle of cause and effect; the reaction caused by your actions and when those actions come in tune with those of the general public, then the reactions in return are in harmony with your desires.

You will not need those books to lift your spirits and find inspiration, because the inspiration that you will find within yourself will be insurmountable.

I must remind you that bootcamp is only a channel to begin a change in general, that there are areas in people’s lives that need to be worked on some more than others, but nonetheless, the need work is fruitful once you have opened the doors and have gotten acquainted with the method.

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will Boot Camp: CHAPTER 1

Will Boot Camp: CHAPTER 2